Thursday, April 12, 2007

Im failing and he's (Service Dog) complaining


My wonderful Service Dog has been my lifeline to success.

During this difficult year he has also been my motivation to not give up no matter how hard it gets. How could I give up on him when he does his job every single day no matter what condition he himself is in. He showed me that when hospitalized for internal bruising to his kidneys from the accident and he came to me the next day from the vet slowly but still telling me he was here to do his job. He endured three days crammed between seats on a hard floor with his bruised body and yet still preformed his job as he was trained to do.

After the accident I was suffering from physical injuries as well as the mental effects of losing my job, my home, my independence and several other events. Becoming unmotivated to do anything he sat and pouted for days as he no longer was working while I remained inactive. Our bond became strained, and he became unhappy balking at everything except feeding. I was losing my partner.

My Dr and I decided even though I couldn't work that continuing to isolate myself was not in my best interest or for my Service Dog. So we started attending the community college for two hours a day and though very difficult for me my Service Dog brightened up as once again he was working! Our bond has started to become strong again and he is happier and playful once again.

No comments: